Pages

The Story


I thought before I get into this whole wedding blog thing, I'd give a little background on the "us" involved here...He and I have been dating since 2002 and we've been nearly inseparable the almost the entire time...best friends.  I went to Loyola University in Chicago and he masters the retail industry as a store manager.

The proposal was expected as much as it was overdue...  It was so typically him - he planned to plan nothing, afraid he'd spill his own beans. So, we were driving to the beach for a walk (in January ... along Lake Michigan, mind you), which did not arise my suspicions at all. When we arrived, he popped out of the car, half dragged me to the shore and was asking me before I could adjust to the subzero temps. His nervous and adorable excitement made me laugh my reply (a definite yes) and we spent the rest of the night defrosting over Italian food.

The plan for The Big Day is to embrace the "Our Day" perspective... I hope I let him. As neither of us have a) done this before or b) planned anything together, this could turn out to be one unique event/hot mess.

Check out the "About" tab for a little more on His and my favorite things.

No comments: