Pages

Online Resources

It's been awhile since I updated, but we haven't been doing much wedding stuff...or, I haven't been doing much wedding stuff. I've been working on the wedding site for our guests and doing some vendor research, but I haven't come across much to share. He has been looking at caterer options and has just enrolled himself in a finance course, which I'm excited about. We've also secured our photographer. So, though we have those things, I feel like I'm still missing the bigger picture... e.g.: the color/theme. *sigh* Too many things to choose from, enough whining.

So, since I've been working on the wedding site, I've come across some pretty impressive resources for online wedding planning -- personal wedding sites, guest list maintenance, budget planners and task lists, as well as resources for all things planning-related.

Here's some resources for those of you interested in putting together a wedding site of your own.  It took me forever to decide what to use, so I've laid out what I came across and a review of each below.  If I missed one you that you think I should have included, send me an email or comment below.

  • Site: www.getmarried.com 
  • Tools: planning, budget and guest templates; links to registries; wedding web site; vendor and venue resources
  • Review: I liked the resources, but was not impressed by the customizable web site options and found them limiting. The planning tools were simple and easy to use - with import/export options.
  • Rating: Great for brides with little time or interest in making a unique wedding site - very easy to do and manage.




  •  Site: www.theknot.com
  • Tools: planning, budget and guest templates; links to registries; customizable web site; searchable couple and registry options; vendor and venue resources
  • Review: Great place for resources and one of the first sites with wedding planning forms and templates.  Planning tools are simple and easy to use, with import/export options.  
  • Rating: Great for brides who want lots of ideas, want an easy-to-use site for site visitors and want a simple web site design




  • Site: www.weddingwire.com
  • Tools: similar tools and planning options as the other options, including a template for building build inspiration boards; includes Facebook and iPhone apps; more design options for web site; less resources and vendor information; send email updates and address requests to guest list
  • Review: I liked the layout and options, but the overall web site was not as helpful as other sources
  • Rating: Has a great checklist for brides and really helpful tools and site options



  • Site:  www.mywedding.com
  • Tools: Same as the above, but more control over the web site
  • Review: The web site was probably my favorite feature; get a personalized URL for easy reference for guests
  • Rating: Favorite wedding web site template
In the end, I decided to put our wedding site on Blogger (currently private), but will be using the resources on MyWedding.com and WeddingWire.com if needed.  I decided I'd rather transition our wedding site into our family one and use Google docs to get all our wedding planning stuff underway.  

No comments: