Pages

The Budget Breakdown


65 Tips for Sticking to Your Budget


Love,
Martha 

I highly recommend the link above. To everyone.
Except for #28, I think I've got most of it covered, or at least considered.

Also this percentage calculator is interesting, though currently I'm having issues getting it to work.

Not sure how accurate or realistic this is, but I'm living by this breakdown (thanks, as always, to
Martha Stewart).  Our numbers won't work out exactly to these percentages, but it's a great guideline for keeping me on target. (Soooooooooooo close to buying these transit cufflinks today... and I live in Chicago.)


  • Reception (Food, Beverages, Rentals, and Site): 40 percent to 50 percent (With our venue costs and catering, it will probably closer to 45-55 percent)
  • Flowers: 10 percent (Haven't thought farther than potted plants and pistachio brooches at this point...)
  • Photography/Videography: 10 percent (This is the part that's definitely on par. I've got that going for us, so far anyway.)
  • Bride's and groom's attire: 5 percent to 10 percent
  • Music 5 percent to 10 percent (iPod play will be a major benefit to us here...)
  • Planner or Coordinator: 10 percent to 15 percent (This won't apply to us. I'm recruiting volunteers.)
  • Miscellaneous (Invitations, Officiant Fees, Favors, Transportation, Etc.): 10 percent (Despite the fact that we're skipping transportation, because of the invites, save the dates and programs, not to mention my wide-eyed favor ideas, I'm pretty sure we'll go over budget in this area.)
  • Cushion: 5 percent to 15 percent (This was the most important thing I learned from this - I never would have thought of having a cushion at all...so far, the tactic that has worked for me is tell everyone one number, having a secret $ta$h for emergencies... We'll see how long it takes until I sponge up those assets. ::eye roll::)
Anyone have any budget tips or tricks? I'm taking all suggestions.

No comments: